Search Lobsterland

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Smoke on the Water Za



Anchovies with smoked clams and smoked oysters on a whole wheat crust with alfredo sauce...



Sound disgusting? It probably is, but I like it anyway. I guess it's kind of like how Allison Kraus digs Robert Plant's chili*, something can seem repulsive from the outside and still be perversely enjoyed.



I did a 3-cup whole wheat crust. The recipe I normally work from is more like four cups of flour in 1-1/2 cups water, a tablespoon or so of sugar and yeast each. But I didn't want such big handles this time. I figure the big handles on my pizzas contribute to the big handles on me.



I made a white crust, too, for a half cheese, half black olive/jalapeƱo I made (half, and you can guess which half) to please my children.



On the whole wheat crust, I laid some Alfredo sauce down, then a tin each of smoked clams, smoked oysters and anchovies.




*After striking out with lovely twenty-somethings in pursuit of a date for the Pat Metheny concert, the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster suggested that maybe I should play with kids my own age. But Robert Plant has given me new hope. I'm thinking maybe I'm just not old and ugly enough yet...

No comments: