Search Lobsterland

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Other White Meat



Okay, I had a pack of pork loin somethings about an inch and a half thick, so I decided to light the grill.





I set the pack from the freezer to the fridge on Friday, but when I went to put them on the grill they were still in an icy block. So I steamed them on the stove while the grill burned down. I put some firewood on the grill, because I didn't have any charcoal to add. Think of it as camping porkchops.





For a side, I made some brown rice risotto, beef broth and garlic to cook the brown rice in. That, and this chipotle slaw.

I cut some red onion super thin, shredded some carrot, cut some cabbage razor thin and added some Ken's Steakhouse Bleu Cheese dressing and some powdered chipotle.



The Gates is for the pork. The Extra Hot is the bomb, but Wal-Mart doesn't stock it. I had to make a special trip to the Overprice Chopper for it.

No comments: