Search Lobsterland

Saturday, September 17, 2005

I Wanna Be Gilligan

Dude gets busted for posession of 35 grams of pot at the age of 63. Refuses to testify against a former co-worker, aged 59.

Who? Bob Denver. Stand up guy.

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, the government doesn't have any right to tell you what you can or cant ingest. But even if you said the state had some sort of bizarre interest in the intoxicants a citizen choses:

If I had to be called 'hey, Gilligan' every time I went out in public, or asked 'Where's the Skipper' afterall I did was pretend not to be up to seducing an oversexed, red-headed version of Jan Mansfield, I think I might like some pot.

Or a lot of pot. I don't even know what 35 grams of it would look like, but I know the last time I looked there were more grams of fat than that in a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

Is 35 grams a lot? I mean, if you're having to cope with being identifiably 'Gilligan?' What's the down side? A 63 year old might not be sharp enough to pass McDonald's drug tests? I think Bob Denver was past needing the greeter gig at Wal-Mart.

No comments: