Search Lobsterland

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Volvos

I was dismayed to see one of my favorite online personalities, Natalie Dee, has bought a Volvo.

She was getting rid of some sort of Hyundai but I think she may have jumped out of the proverbial frying pan.

I still don't know what the fuck a mass air accumulator is. Or why Puff the Tragic Wagon wouldn't run without it, but I know that as a junkyard second hand part, it was $450, just for the part, ten years ago.

If you see me driving a European make, even a fucking Volkswagon, hell even a Chrysler Pacifica (since I hear it has a Daimler drive-train), you'll know I no longer need to worry about money. I mean coming from paying a guy $20 for an oil change I can do for $10 being a rare luxury to not giving a damn if the catalytic converter is $1500.

And what the fuck is mass air anyway? And why would a car need to accumulate it? Is it related to the 'heavy water' the nazis had when they were trying to come up with the Bomb?

No comments: