Search Lobsterland

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Will Work for Pot

So I did some work for a guy in exchange for this pot he had in his garage but doesn't use anymore.

And it is some pot, let me tell you. High quality. About four bills worth of pot. And the crazy part is, the guy I got the pot from is a cop.

I rode over to his house and picked it up today. I could have gone by car, but I guess Corinna infected me with this desire to prove that bicycles are more versatile transportation than most folks give them credit for. Cars have their place, sure, and even trucks. I didn't, for instance, try to get the deep freeze Jamie and Melissa gave us from Independence to KCK by bike. It's probably possible with a trailer of some sort, but it'd be a stretch to say it's practical.

This pot I was getting from a cop only had to come three miles and it's not heavy, just bulky. It took a minute to get it tied down, sure, but once it was there it was no big burden getting it home.


It was too beautiful a day out to stop with hauling a 15 gallon brew pot. I made an egg run (including surprising the folks I get my eggs from by carting around 50 empty egg cartons out to them on the bike and hit Wal-Mart for both groceries and 15 yellow t-shirts to imprint for an event Corinna has this week.


28 miles for the day, nothing epic. The weather today would have been ideal for a century or more, but then I had other stuff to do.

No comments: