Search Lobsterland

Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Didn't Know it Was a Leaf, Too


I made my patented Goan-Style Shrimp Curry for the whole crew while Corinna's Mom was in town.


I scaled back the hot peppers to make it more palatable to the whole table but if anything doubled up on the curry leaves.


Corinna's mum had the same reaction I did: "I didn't know curry was a leaf!" Who knew, since it's only even an ingredient in some 'curry' powders, which should probably just be labeled as 'masalas' if you want to get right down to it.


Em impressed me to no end by trying it and actually managing to pick at least the shrimp out before turning her nose up and eating other things. Last time I tried to get her to try this stuff, she acted like I was trying to poison her. I thought she was going to try and turn me in to child protective services.

No comments: