Search Lobsterland

Sunday, August 07, 2011

T-Shirts



Guess who's making t-shirts.





Go on, guess. I don't generally blog about my work. It seems to many people there is a boundary between personal and professional life and all sorts of room for people to take things wrong or for a vent about some high maintenance client to get back to the boss or whatever.



But we've added a new product line at Almar, t-shirts. Well, and bags and whatnot, pretty much anything you can inkjet a 12-1/2 x 16 image onto. As long as it's 100% cotton anyway, I guess synthetics don't do as well with this process.



Anyway, we're still developing the web site and, for that matter, some of the details as far as specific types of things we can do with this equipment. So far, though, we've already gotten a warm response from clients who were already doing offset printing with us. And I've gotten to play a bit.



I'm not a big t-shirt wearer. My work shirts tend to be button-down, not my first choice but that's what happens when there's a retail angle.



My first choice is pretty much Hawaiian shirts with a bias towards Aloha's from Hawaii and a secondary bias toward natural fibers: silk, then cotton, and if neither is available, that rayon better have a kick-ass pattern.



But the ability to create my own designs, maybe that will win me over to the T's.

No comments: