Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dusting Off Daisy


It had been far too long since Daisy had been out for a spin. When I met Corinna, I was so excited to show her Daisy I took pictures with me on our second date. Somehow it took me nine months to get the two of them together in a meaningful way.



I was going to ride Daisy in the parade for the Johnson County Fair with Mo or maybe chase on my bike (which is decorated sufficiently to qualify as a float itself) while Em and Mo rode. I got cold feet thinking about how many seizures Mo's had lately, how long a morning it could be and how hot it might be. Plus, Daisy has only one speed and no breaks.


In 20/20 hindsight, the parade route was flat enough and the procession slow enough this wouldn't have been an issue. And Pastor Kurt had already done the hard part, getting the slot and all that.

No comments: