Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Soirée



Some of my oldest and bestest friends, I've known most of these people since around the beginning of high school. We get together pretty much any time a quorum is all in town at the same time, typically the holidays or summer.

Corinna was traveling on business, which was a bummer but at least I got to arrive by bicycle.



It was a great party, with conversation ranging from food to out of bounds political issues to shamanism, fashion and the Joplin tornado (two of those in attendance had documented that disaster in their professional capacities).



Rachel had been thrift-shopping and got a leopard-print dress for her upcoming visit to NYC. When I got excited about shooting her in this getup (which, naturally, meant it was bound for this blog), I think she got a twinge or two of either buyer's remorse or at least model's remorse.





I mean, really, I loved it. Later, she noticed my Amish horse-cart triangle hanging from my Camelbak as I prepared to leave and wanted to hijack my camera. I couldn't resist putting up her leopard dress pics, but I figure I at least owe her a bit of turnabout as fair play.



It's always hard as a heterosexual male to judge these things fairly, but I think the dress was far more flattering of her than my triangle was of me.

No comments: