Search Lobsterland

Friday, June 24, 2011

Riding Home





The last night of Corinna's road trip, she made a comment to the effect of, 'How do those military families do it?'



I'm not sure. One or two in my acquaintance have built a marriage on separation, a foundation that seems to crumble when the military career is over.





The novelty that I could surprise Robert the Psychic by stopping off with a six-pack of Bully! Porter without any worry of being late for dinner wore off after the first week.





It's not like we didn't talk every day; I think you could count those days on one hand since we met.





My ex wife resisted my idea of a scale model of Stonehenge as yard art; I've been divorced for five years and never have got around to attempting the project. Robert was at a home improvement store when they were giving away landscaping stone leftovers for a nickle apiece, and it's not Stonehenge per se (he calls it a 'generic neolithic church'), he is living the dream.



No comments: