Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rough Play



Corinna came out to play Friz after grinding out a big grant deadline. The girl needed to blow off steam, and what better way?



Some of the Friz players are more aggressive than others; some make it into something that borders a blood sport, but then Corinna put herself through college throwing people and getting thrown.





And when, shortly after she finished getting her mountain bike fixed up, she was showing me cuts and scrapes she sustained using it as intended, I asked, 'Well, that's why you bought that bike, right? To get hurt a little bit?'



She just laughed.



By the time I got to the park, she was in a full lather and another rider was out because he broke his crank and took a chain-ring to the back of the leg.



I still plan to learn the game, but I don't see myself playing it that hard. Ever.

No comments: