Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 26, 2011

So Metropolitan

This Honda Metropolitan was parked by me when I came out with my breakfast the other morning.



I get breakfast on my bike-commuting days at the Brookside Price Chopper. They have a breakfast special that allows me to truly be a pig on the cheap. I only allow myself to eat it when I've ridden to it, which is how come I only weigh ten pounds more than I did in October when I didn't ride to work at all but never ate breakfast.



Anyway, the cute young Brooksider who came out to the scooter while I was eating was really deferential to me, asking if she'd parked in my way.

No, not really.



Then as she explained how she usually rides her bike, I realized she felt guilty for using a gasoline engine when she could have pedaled to get there.

Maybe this is why Brookside liberals in their automobiles are so much more courteous than drivers in other parts of town. I've been buzzed and crowded in Brooside, but it's rare.

No comments: