Search Lobsterland

Friday, December 18, 2009

Curried Sort Of Thing

I decided to play with my food tonight, just a bit. While I was grilling chicken, I got a risotto going, some caramelized onions, garlic and chicken broth cooking a mixture of purple sticky rice and brown basmati.



Then, when I had the onions in butter, I decided to add a bit of fenugreek, and then thought, what the heck, some Sambar Marsala, curry, coriander, ginger, garlic, cayenne, turmeric...

Then when it was done, I mixed in a can of coconut milk. Would have been better if I'd had some fresh curry leaves to start it with, and definitely could have stood some fresh cilantro to finish it off, but still a respectable side dish.

I tried to get my kids to try it, they thought I was auditioning them for Fear Factor.

No comments: