Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Calendar


Now that the recipients have opened their little presents, I won't be spoiling anything by sharing this with you.



I make a calendar for my fam every year, my Mom and Dad, mainly, my brother gets one, so does the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster and her Mom.



Every year, I also observe a tradition by procrastinating until I can just barely complete the project, more often than not, I also make a big mistake.





Like last year, when I left Emily's birthday off by mistake. This on a calendar I went out of my way to put every ass-backward third tier holiday and semi-celebrity birthday on. I'll never forget her tone as she said, 'You put Horatio Alger's birthday on here but not MINE!'





I'll never live that down, even if I did make transparent labels to fix the calendars last year.

This year I was almost ready to do the bindery work when I realized I had 2009 as the year on the cover. OOPS.





I averted that disaster, though I'm sure there's something in these pages waiting to show me wanting in attention to detail. I omitted the bogus holidays this year because part of the reason I make this thing is I hate that I always forget people's birthdays, and when they're camouflaged amidst National Hot Dog Day and Ozzy Osbourne's birthday, it's still way too easy to miss something that actually matters.

No comments: