Search Lobsterland

Friday, February 02, 2007

Celebration Pie



When it rains it pours, right? After one of those weeks where I wondered if the ringer on my phone was broken, it started going. I got back from the field trip with Mo to two messages, one for a second interview one for a first.



Then today, when I was between appointments, the phone rang for another interview, early next week.

I went to the follow up interview, and when I got back I had another message about another opening, but I had something else.



I had a job. Happy Ground Hog Day to me!

I hate to job hunt, but I also hate to turn down offers. So when someone wants me but at less than what I can realistically accept, that's a hard thing to walk away from. Still, I feel I have to, because the alternative wastes my time and theirs.

The offer I had today was in the range I had figured was workable. It's less than the job I had and a longer commute, but it's doable. And it's a place that seems to like keeping people; I'm the kind of employee who likes to be kept when all other things are equal or approximately equal. I certainly don't go job hunting when I've got a good thing going.



So to celebrate, I made pizza. A couple pizzas, except Mo had a seizure before the pepperoni was done, and Em got anxious and ate a peanut butter sandwich before the black olive was done, so I’m the only one who ate any pizza.

The seizure was a small one, a partial, but still...



It occurs to me, too, that the only food posts I've done have been about things that come off well. I tried to make tomato sauce from scratch, but what I came up with was so gross I wouldn't even pretend to eat it for a movie. It's like the brain bread I made the other day. I was trying to make rye bread, and it didn't rise quite like it should have, and it didn't form up like I hoped, and it was dry and hard except for the center which was kind of raw.

So tonight I made a rye dough, but I'm letting it rise overnight, hopefully it won't be another disaster.



It's bound to taste better, anyway, having some idea where my next paycheck is coming from.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

Congrats on the job offer!! Glad your phone is working again.

Now tell me what kind of pizza dough you use and both those pizzas look omg yum!!!

the bread too!

kimmyk said...

hey send me the recipe for the pizzas would ya?

kimmyk_85@yahoo.com

thank you!

Mitchelina said...

So glad you found a job, you'll have to drop me a line and let me know where you landed!

Boy you hadn't even gotten to the tomato marmalade making stage... that's what you do when you have loads of time, no interviews and 2 5# buckets of tomatoes. Trust me, I know how to be unemployed.