Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 04, 2006

An addition to the family...


Uncle Kenny strikes again. To give you an idea, the headstock you see here is my dream guitar, except I didnt' have to use Photoshop to pretend it's real. Because Kenny made the fucking thing from Brazillian rosewood, eastern rock maple, Engleman spruce and a lot of expertise.

My kid brother got his last week. I helped with his inlay designs, but it's nothing compared to what Kenny can do with wood and archaic hand tools. And Brazillian rosewood he has from before the ban. My fingerboard, Brian's back and sides. Holy shit, with most luthiers, that's a $10,000 upgrade if it's even available. This from a guy who never builds guitars for anyone outside family unless it's a childhood friend.

As soon as I can, I'll post pics of my brother's guitar. You'll worship it. Unless you're broken and can't appreciate fine things.

No comments: