Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Txpo

Okay, when Em was two weeks old, the company I'd worked at for five years folded.

My employer's exact words: "We're tits up."

My severance package was an aging PC and the desk holding it. And the HP4 I still use for my modest printing needs.

I tried, badly, to freelance, but that didn't work out. The day it didn't work out, when 3/5 of my freelance base 'sold the book,' I went and sent résumés to every commercial printer, ad agency, and service bureau I could find. We're talking 50, maybe 75 contacts.

That résumé had three txpos in it.

And I'm looking for a graphic design/typesetting gig.

In related news: I print business cards in small batches. This is because I give them out so slowly the paper yellows, the contact info becomes out of date, etc., before I get past the first ten cards.

Plus, at work I have access to some awfully good stuff. So I did business cards a couple of months ago.

Who got them? A couple of Cult members, a couple of women I met, a coworker.

The coworker tried to call me and got my ex. Why? Because for whatever Freudian reason I had put her number on the card.

Only took six weeks to catch the mistake.

Somehow, putting your estranged wife's phone number on a card you might give to a chick you'd like to date seems to be in a class with, I don't know, a resume containing three txpos...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typos do suck. You can never get rid of them all it seems.

Anonymous said...

You are so friggin' rad.

j_ay said...

The coworker tried to call me and got my ex. Why? Because for whatever Freudian reason I had put her number on the card.

Ha! Thanks, it’s been some time since I laughed.
That was a good ‘un.