Search Lobsterland

Saturday, June 24, 2006

A 15,000 Word Post



I'm zonked, big day. While my compulsion to process everything verbally remains embedded in my character, here's a little photo recap of some of it. Minus the air show and cave. This is just stuff from Frontier Days, a celebration of the genocide and land grab that made America what it is.

My dream house:



With our feet dangling upwards of 70 feet off the ground:








The ferris wheel Em wouldn't ride:



Firefighters:



Funnel cake:



Pothead:



Moonwalk:



Not worth a buck to see (and she wouldn't let me take a picture of it, probably for fear you'd find out how lame it was without giving her a dollar):



Swing thing:





Shell game:



A less Disney looking tea cup ride:



Anyway, picture's worth a thousand words, right? I think I put fifteen of 'em up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty fun, and like an actual fair.

Anonymous said...

Where is that? And why didn't I hear about it?

"Pothead" is my favorite.

Also, I saw a "No Intermodal" sign posted in an Overland Park front yard yesterday. Apparently, yours isn't the only goat this issue is getting.

Chixulub said...

Autumn said...
Where is that? And why didn't I hear about it?


Edgerton. Because you weren't paying enough attention?

"Pothead" is my favorite.
I wouldn't buy such a hat for a nine year old, but borrowing one, why not?

Also, I saw a "No Intermodal" sign posted in an Overland Park front yard yesterday. Apparently, yours isn't the only goat this issue is getting.

A similar proposal by BNSF was defeated in Olathe, so that may be what that grew from. We're far enough out, it's hard for me to imagine it would gore any Overland Park oxen that bad.

There's all of one sign in town that I've seen in favor of it, and that's in the yard of a BNSF employee who will tell you the only reason he's in favor of it is to cut his commute fro 30 miles to 1.

Roonie said...

I wanna be a kid again :(