Search Lobsterland

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Spinach

We've been trying to come up with assignments for Mo that mirror her sister's homework assignments since she doesn't really get assigned homework from school.

I was honestly stumped until I realized the spinach was ripe for a harvesting.



She may have been a little too thorough. I'm told if we'd harvested just the biggest leaves, the crop would produce for another month potentially. My first time growing the stuff. <0br />
But what we did get turned out to be more than I expected. It didn't look like much on the ground, but after washing it thoroughly, I had three 1-gallon ziplock bags full of the stuff.



When it looks like it's ending its shelf life as fresh spinach (I vastly prefer it fresh), I'll steam or freeze the remainder for use in cooked spinach dishes.

Jello came out to join us. He's a mighty hunter.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rod...that spinach will over-winter and make for a huge spring crop.