Search Lobsterland

Monday, August 27, 2012

Grind



I stopped at the Scout to shoot some skaters. I've done this before, but I wasn't entirely happy with the results.



I realized that a lot of my pics, the skater got lost in the trees. I went back thinking to find ways to isolate the stunts against he sky. I succeeded somewhat, not entirely.



One of the skaters asked me what I was taking pictures for. Same reason he's doing what he's doing, trying something, attempting to meet a challenge.



It's nothing to click off 300 frames watching these guys and get nothing worthwhile. But what they're doing is amazing.



I did capture a grind more satisfactorily than I have before.



I used the camera's 'burst' mode, where it basically snaps off multiple frames per second as long as the button is down until it needs to buffer (which is almost as soon as the series starts).



There's a certain grace to the whole affair.









No comments: