Search Lobsterland

Thursday, July 23, 2009

High Point of the Week?

I've had better weeks. This week started with the workstation on my desk at work not wanting to wake up. I learned today, at long last, that it's either the motherboard or the CPU or both. In any case, more money than can be justified to resuscitate a computer that was, on it's best days, ready for the Antiques Road Show.

Anyway, meanwhile I'm making things work on an eMac of similar vintage. It's gotten busy at work, plus the new Xerox machine is sucking harder than the old Xerox machine, and that eats up time I could be using making our customers happy.

Band practice, we hadn't had that in weeks. Three weeks?

I hadn't practiced on my own since the 40 miler that numbed my fingers out a couple weeks ago. But getting to band practice, I wanted to leave straight up at 4:30 to account for traffic, and it turned out 5:15 was the new 4:30. The fact that I still have a glimmer of numbness in the skin of my ring finger, not so significant.

I was late, our singer had to leave early for work (night shift), and it all ran more smoothly than I would have expected. Even me, I still sucked but not as hard as I expected to. My pitchy singing, my misplaced chords, these are apparently the high point of this week..

No comments: