Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bent



I love this: front wheel drive, rear steering with grown-up big boy wheels (700c, which is Commie for 29 inches).

I'm certain it'd take some practice to ride as smoothly as this dude does, the lower center of gravity, plus I'll bet the steering is more responsive than what any conventional bike's is.

Then there's this amazingly long downhill video. I think this is, judging from what's in view, a short wheel base like the one I checked out the other day. There's a near death experience about 4:15 into it. Guys shot out of a canon crazy to ride that thing in that kind of traffic.



And if you're skeptical of the leverage and angles, check out the new world record holder for unfaired cycle speed: over 50 kilometers (that's Commie for over 30 miles) in an hour.



And finally...if I can't have a motorcycle, maybe I can at least have a bicycle that scratches some of the same itch...



Those of you viewing this on Facebook probably can't see the videos, gotta click on over to Lobster Land for the video.

No comments: