Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Salmon: The Other Red Meat

Well, not really, I know. But we got together for a belated Father's Day (travels prohibited it last week) and Dad bought a wild-caught Copper River Sockeye salmon filet to grill.



I've grilled a lot of salmon, eaten a lot of salmon in restaurants. Never seen salmon with such a bright red color. Grilled some veggies and had all sorts of other trimming son the table, wild/brown rice, a couple kinds of salad, etc.





But this salmon was, without a doubt, the best salmon I have ever eaten in my life. It tasted just like other salmon I've eaten but more so in every dimension. Makes me want to move to Alaska just to bait a hook. I had a slight mis-step getting it off the grill, the fish separated from the skin, but no harm. The fish was moist, light, flaky and too delicious.





Em had fun playing with her cousins. She bought Candyland at a thrift store yesterday and was thrilled to have apprentice players.



That and the elephant pool set up out back. Which had a timid spray until Mo came out and took one look, cranked the water pressure. All of a sudden the water was shooting clear up through the canopy over the pool.

No comments: