Search Lobsterland

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Late For Dragons, Way Early For Chalk



The idea was to hit the Plaza and check out the dragon boat races, then go to Crown Center for the Chalk & Walk, a sidewalk chalk event.



We got to Flush Creek in time to watch the first and second place boats shake hands on a good race and paddle back up the murky stream to the dock. It was all over.



So we headed to Crown Center and when I couldn't see any evidence of the sidewalk chalk thing, I asked and was told that's next week. Way, way early. Yeah.



We looked around Crown Center some, but having recently been it wasn't all that novel.



Em had asked about having cheeseburgers for supper, so I lit the fire when we got home and got after it. She said these were in a league with Five Guys—she knows how to butter her old man up. I made smaller patties this time, 1/3 cup per, mashed out to about 3/16" to 1/4" thick. It was tricky getting them all on the grill and back off without them bursting into flames (between my hot fire and the thin patties). I should have popped for the leaner ground beef, but I think the flavor Em was responding to is the taste of 80/20 ground chuck cooked very hot and fast. I know most of that excess fat drains off into the fire, but I'll bet what's left behind is worse from a health standpoint.

No comments: