Search Lobsterland

Saturday, June 13, 2009

File Under 'Belongs In a Condo'

My dinner was interrupted by a solicitor wanting to know if I'd like to have that dead tree removed.

What dead tree?

The one that doesn't have any leaves on it.

Oh, that dead tree. Honest, I hadn't even noticed that it was dead, obvious as it is. This is another piece of evidence that I should never live in a house unless its a house so cheap I can afford a lawn & landscape service to take care of the yard around it. I'm pretty sure such professionals would notice a thing like a dead tree.

$450 was his bid to take it down to a stump. He said he didn't know anyone with a grinder small enough to get through my gate to do the stump removal. I guess I'll get some additional bids to make sure that price is competitive, though it's an academic pursuit at this point. I wonder how long I realistically have to come up with the dough to do something about this thing.

No comments: