Search Lobsterland

Saturday, July 01, 2006

This Hot!


We came close to triple digits today. Great day to have no air conditioner in your car, a kid who throws things (trash, toys, shoes) out the window if she gets a shot, another kid who gets pissed off if it's 'too windy' in the car.

I can't believe I ever thought a jeep or motorcycle would be any fun at all. My car is a circle of hell, and regrettably not a frozen one.



Still, can't wimp out, we did the Ernie Miller nature thing. Except we didn't do the trail because we were pretty sure buzzards would be picking our bones clean in about three minutes.

Bummer: they're supposed to have bees, an observation hive, but they rebuilt the place and, if I understood the lady with the thick accent working the place right, forgot the bees.

We met an owl, played with turtle shells, and threw it in pretty quick. Headed to the pool.



Where I rented a life jacket for Mo and introduced her to the diving boards. She's a pretty good swimmer, but I didn't want her to realize she really, really couldn't touch in 12 feet and panic. Two hours, over and over off the boards and 'swim to the ladder Molly. No, the other ladder, the one closest to this board.'

She's an addict.

Tomorrow, I might try her without the vest. Thing is, if I'm right about her ability, she'll be fine. If I'm wrong, I'm the guy who let the autistic girl who can't swim jump off the diving board into the 12 foot.

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

Oh GOD. Y'know that's a toss up right there.....to give her wings to fly or are ya handing her a bag of rocks to sink to the bottom. Decisions. I say let her fly....and stand real close with a preserver.

j_ay said...

Let her fly.
But get rid of that t-shirt!

Chixulub said...

You know, I hadn't even noticed what the shirt said until I was posting the blog, and I thought, Jay's going to flip me shit about that patriotic t-shirt.

j_ay said...

Yeah, you got me. And while Patriotism is silly but ok its Nationalism that’s the scary thing.