Search Lobsterland

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rachel & Troy Farewell Tour



It could be worse: I could post video of Rachel singing karaoke stuff, but she has a career to consider. And I have to figure out what I want in the blackmail deal.



Rachel and Troy's next engagement in Indiana, where Rachel got a prof gig. They have the usual problem of married academics, especially married academics in the same field: hard to find a school who wants them both at the same time. Still, they're both so oddly well-adjusted, I doubt this will be a long-term problem.



I imagine sooner or later their brilliance will land them someplace like Chicago or New York, some town lousy with colleges.




Rachel's been a friend since before high school, so I'll miss them. But then, I already do. For years I've hardly seen them even though I could have driven to their house in well under an hour. Go figure.

It is a little odd for me to think of her being a professor. Not that she wasn't half one at age 14, more because as much as she's changed since then, she's still Rachel. Maybe also because I can't imagine anyone roughly my age holding such a job.

Still, good to get together with friends, eat too much, etc. Derek and Kim made it, so did Melissa and part of her clan.

No comments: