Search Lobsterland

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Meet Scribble

Okay, I'm not Rocket Guy, but this has turned out to be something me and the honyocks get a real kick out of. We lost Gonzo to a jet stream with gusto, so we're back down to one rocket, and we were out of engines. Sort of.

Actually, I have some B and A class engines, but I fried some fire wires and I'm not dumb enough to try lighting solid fuel with a Zippo.



So we went to a hobby shop, seeking engines and, I thought, maybe another ready-to-fly model.

Wal-Mart price, $15. Hobby shop, same model, Estes supposedly ready to fly, $25.

BUT, the hobby shop had engines, fire wires, etc., for sale individually. Wal-Mart has engine packs, but mainly they just sell the RTF kits.

And Wal-Mart definitely doesn't have E class engines hanging there.

They also had kits, lots of kits. These were actually pretty reasonable, so I got this pencil-styled rocket for $8. We named it Scribble.

On the Fourth, we'll find out if I know how to glue...

No comments: