Search Lobsterland

Friday, February 10, 2006

Pull!

Okay, this video is pretty hefty, so if you're on dial-up, don't even click the link. It's over six MB, but that's what it costs if you wanna be fucked up for life, right?

Very obscure movie reference, but at least one of my two readers will get it.

For the record, I am not a gun nut. I have tendencies, but I own no firearms and sometimes go years without firing a gun. I like to target shoot and blast skeet, but it's a rare treat to do so.

And I haven't looked, but this shotgun probably costs as much as an entry-level German luxury car, though if that's the case and I had an even-up choice I might still be tooling around in an '88 Buick. And spending a lot more time at Powder Creek.

Though part of me says that shooting skeet without making your shoulder into a blue-green contusion is somehow cheating. I'm not sure if it's worse because the thing will crank the rounds off so fast it sounds almost like a full-auto. I suppose in the unlikely scenario that you have to hold off a platoon of Delta-Force commandos, being able to squeeze of twelve rounds of buck shot in under two seconds would at least allow you to die knowing you'd at least harrassed the opposition.

Aside from the macho considerations, the guy shot what, 50,000 rounds in five months? Obsessive-compulsive much?

I realize this is the same personality disorder that accounts for NFL players, NASCAR drivers, and winter Olympians. And he probably gets free ammo from someone for a similar endorsement.

No comments: