Search Lobsterland

Monday, February 13, 2006

Help! Help! I'm Bein' Repressed!

Just so you know I'm not one of those hypocritical anarchists who only hates laws that infringe my personal good time. The drug laws are bad enough, but this is really wild:

It is illegal to give or receive a tattoo in the state of Oklahoma. Oklahomans aren't ink-free, of course. They simply throw their shotgun in the pickup, grab a couple of jars of 'shine for the road and go to Texas or Kansas.

Or, I don't know, I suppose there are guys with the needles in their basement, ready to spread hepatitis to the young, the trendy, or the occasional redneck lacking the ambition to drive to the border.

So I'm outraged, even though I don't have any plans to get tattoo, and come to think of it, don't live in Oklahoma.

Now we see the violence inherent in the system.

1 comment:

j_ay said...

It is illegal to give or receive a tattoo in the state of Oklahoma. Oklahomans aren't ink-free, of course. They simply throw their shotgun in the pickup, grab a couple of jars of 'shine for the road and go to Texas or Kansas.

heh. Weird. Land of the Free. Kind of.

I detest tattoos but a law against them is really just bizarre. Will “progress” be when tattoos are legal but laser removal surgery is illegal?
Baby steps.