Search Lobsterland

Sunday, February 26, 2006

America at its Americannest...

I still haven't worn the new off my digital camera. It's not fancy: the coworker who tried to help me buy well could hardly hide his disgust. I avoided the impulse-buy version they hang by the memory cards, not by a lot. It's not junk! It has megapixels, plural, whatever that means.

But now I don't have to worry about using more than my half of 'our' camera. Amazing the things that crop up when you're of a mind to look for resentments, but in my head a digital camera means click first and ask questions later. Digital media is ridiculously cheap, and the photographers with actual skill I know get the great shots by being liberal with the button.

So now Em tells me I'm a shutterbug. She told me this as I took a picture of this stretch Hummer sitting outside a church in wait of a wedding party. If only she knew how hard I had to restrain myself to just taking a picture of the car and not trying to rescue the groom.

No comments: