Search Lobsterland

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The DVD Return



I'm now down three DVDs to the local library. Mo puts them in the air return and other vents of our furnace/ac. I've done my best to scare her out of it, and since the seperation have made big efforts at controlling access to the materials and wrapped the vents in screen.

So imagine my thrill to find a couple more missing.

Where did the disc go? No response. What did you do with the disc? No response. I need the disc. Bring the disc to Daddy.

After several repititions, this got a disc back. She went to the furnace vent nearest us, reached in and produced a disc. While she was in time-out I felt around other suspects to find the other (she'd actually removed the plate, so a screen wouldn't have prevented this).

No go. So when she was free again, I asked her for the other disk and she went to the bathroom, where she climed a vanity and reached until I was worried she'd cut herself on sheet metal.

When I got up there myself, I foundout the power lines for the medicine chest light rack run through a hole big enough for...a DVD.

It's an air return she bent double in spite of the screen, and if you can see it, it isn't air. Right?

It's hard because I know these compulsions are totally real to her. I'm trying to talk electricty out of going to ground and I don't have a say-so about it.

1 comment:

j_ay said...

Does Mo only do this with DVDs? Not CDs also?