Search Lobsterland

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Shape of Things to Come?

I bought another BT-80 nose cone to go with the tubing Mr. Creosote was built from. The pack I got was four 18-inch sections. With couplers and this nose cone, the three remaining sections could be made into one rocket. Of course, Mr. Creosote at almost 7 ounces is pushing the envelope of too heavy for a C motor. Three Mr. Creosotes and I'll have to go to a bigger engine. Plus, he'd probably top the pound mark, meaning fewer legal launch sites and the need for an FAA notification.

So I'll probably use at most another 18" section with this nose cone and save the rest for other projects.

It would be fun, though. He'd be taller than Em.

1 comment:

SumoSkank said...

So, I'm also freindly with the pvc aisle at homedepot.
I've got a couple a different sizes...of homeade didgeridoos.
My fave's the bass tube of course.