Search Lobsterland

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Jolly Green Giant



This deserved its own little post. It's only fair after I did a whole big post for Mr. Creosote, the fattest and heaviest rocket I've built.




Meet Jolly Green Giant. He flies on a mini A-10 3T and there's almost enough room for the motor and a foot of 75lb test Kevlar line under the nose cone. I might have gotten away with a centimeter shorter but I'm not certain of it.



Don't make fun of him because of his name. He's drinking milk, alright? So step off it, bitch! (These little rockets sometimes have a chip on their shoulder. You've got to be sensitive to what it's like for the little elf.)

If I get him back after a launch, I think I'll put him on my desk at work. I have to launch him at least once, he's a real working rocket after all, but he's just so cute. Finding him in the grass will be tricky. A streamer would help with that, if there was room in his body tube for something like a streamer.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one tiny rocket.

Anonymous said...

I've seen bigger. Not.

That's a tiny rocket, dude.