Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Oh, Shit! It's Mr. Creosote!



Fish flee in the wake of the newest addition to the Midwest Rock Lobster fleet. He's the fattest (a BT-80 tube) rocket I've built to date. Heaviest, too, if you don't count a couple of rockets I never launched because I found out after I'd built them they were too heavy to fly on a C engine, the biggest they'd hold. Well, one was marginally possible, but it folded on its final swing test.



Mr. Creosote weighs in at 6.6 oz empty, 7.5 oz with a C6-3 motor. Thor's Candycane, the only peer he has is over twice as tall but weighs almost an ounce less, 5.7 oz without motor.



I suppose I should have painted bits of food onto Mr. Creosote, but I didn't. So here you see the rocket freshly arrived at the restaurant, ready to puke on waiter's feet and antisemitic cleaning lady's backs.

No comments: