Search Lobsterland

Sunday, August 12, 2007

PBW: An Endorsement

Okay, I know half my readers (two or three) have no interest in beer, but I have to tell you about PBW.



Powdered Brewery Wash. It's a white powder and I don't know what's in it but it works.

I tried it one time to take the stain of pan spray off a non-stick pizza pan. You know, that brown crap that builds up and won't come off? It came off. Of course, so did the non-stock coating.



But on stainless or glass, PBW is the bomb. It rinses clean and easy, and it will take anything off. Anything.



Here's the informercial example: I boiled the Lobster Bitter in this kettle (okay, hacked up keg) for over 90 minutes on a 200,000 BTU King Kooker. The caramelized sugar in the bottom of the pot, you'd need dynamite to get it off. A day's soaking in a PBW solution and I didn't even have to scrub. Just sprayed it out with the hose.



If the stuff wasn't better than $5 a pound, I'd have a real 'as seen on TV' deal, huh?


No comments: