Search Lobsterland

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Putting Up the Xmas



Just so you know, full disclosure, I married a scrooge. If not for her roommate's Christmas tree, I think her house would have qualified as Kosher on the Christmas front when I met her.



She says that's not true, she had a Christmas placemat and three stockings to hang at the fireplace.



Last year, between moving here and leaving a life behind, nothing got done on the decoration front. We had an indoor tree, but outside we were Scrooge to the core. This year that had to change.



Me and Emily had fun getting out on the roof to hang lights. My old house, you needed a ladder, but in this house you only need a bit of yoga to go out a window and you're up there on the roof.



Gentle angles, too, you'd have to be really reckless or completely drunk to fall off.



I tried to do more roofline, but there was nothing to anchor to, and anyway, I didn't have that many light strings that mice hadn't gnawed into uselessness. I had some red rope lights I got on closeout two years ago after Christmas and fifty feet of LEDs I bought today.



The giant candles, they're probably in their last season. A lot of duct tape, clear and yellow both, or they wouldn't be on display now. They were my former in-laws lights, so I suppose cheap plastic subjected to forty or fifty years of nasty weather would get brittle.



No comments: