Search Lobsterland

Friday, December 07, 2012

Gi

A friend of mine wore a gi around the house and as pajamas back in high school.  I wanted one, but when I wandered into a martial arts shop and asked about one of those 'outfits' or whatever I called them, they told me it'd be a lot more money than I had for clothes to lounge around in.



Lately, Corinna has been trying to get me to do more lunging around, falling down, grappling. I'm not sure about it, but Mo seems to be enjoying it (especially getting thrown) and I kind of ended up being her para for Judo class last week.



Most of my sore muscles are better, my lower back is still a little achy and weird from trying to do a cartwheel. Turns out, I can get my ass up in the air, there's just no telling where it's headed from there.



For last week's workout, I wore my regular pants and a borrowed gi that was about a size and a half too small. So Corinna ordered me one that fits, as fast and eager as I would be buying her guitar strings or something if she just accidentally tried to strum out a few chords on a guitar.



I hope this doesn't mean I have to do more falling down.

No comments: