Search Lobsterland

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Adam





It's my year to have the girls Christmas Day, so we did the whole shindig at my Mom's on Christmas Adam so they could go back to their mother's house for Christmas Eve day/evening.





We went to church first, beautiful service.



My nephew, Austin, has started speaking more and more in sentences, and he cracks me up. He does that Elmo thing of speaking of himself in the third person. And he absolutely loves Max, so we'd brought the cranky old dog along specifically so he could visit his biggest fan.



When he got a Thomas the Tank Engine pop up big enough for him to walk around inside, I asked, "Are you going to sleep in there?"



"Austin IS going to sleep in there!" was his answer.







I'm pretty sure it was too exciting for him to ever fall asleep inside. He spent the next little bit announcing that "Austin is on Sodor Island!"



He is still a blurry lad. I took several hundred shots with my camera, and I thought I'd dialed it in pretty good as far as high ISO, fast shutter speeds, etc. But three fourths of the photos were impossibly blurry.



By way of Christmas dinner, my Mom fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, etc. which I think is a fantastic holiday meal. Some might say that's not a 'holiday' meal, but there was green bean casserole with fried onions.



And apple crisp and homemade mincemeat pie for after.



Mincemeat is the dessert that eats like a meal.







No comments: