Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Alien Invasion @ 12th & Beardsley

So I was riding home on an unseasonably warm Monday (yesterday), and at the corner of 12th & Beardsley I spot a procession of cyclists coming up the middle deck of the 12th Street Bridge.



Most had serious headlights, several had Christmas lights to boot. Three recognized me and greeted me by name, though I couldn't reciprocate as they were all wearing more or less uniform roadie kits, which hide identities so well my own brother once rode up to me and started talking before I recognized him.



The last rider to pass me was looking at me askance, as if riding around the West Bottoms in the dark was something so unique he couldn't believe they were crossing paths with a fellow traveller. Or, I thought, maybe he was uncomfortable about me aiming my camera at him.



So I said, "Don't worry, the earthling suspect nothing. Our invasion can continue as planned."



No comments: