Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bowling Night

We had the lanes to ourselves this afternoon. Good thing, since Mo threw balls down neighboring lanes a couple of times.

I was relieved to find out her technique (which I've been trying to get her to stop) of throwing the ball from chest level will not hurt the lanes. I thought it would dent the wood, but the owner of the alley said those lanes would take a sledge hammer and still look fine.



Apparently some sort of synthetic layer, like an inch thick.

Em got a spare. She was very happy.



I bowled left handed. It was kind of a lark, partly inspired by my guitar nails on the right hand being in the way. I did better than usual that way, so I guess I'll bowl as a lefty from now on. I threw an 86. Pathetic, I know, but I think I'm a little old for bumpers.

No comments: