Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Shitty Car

I wish I knew how to re-glue the ceiling cloth in a car when it's falling on my damned head.


I haven't had a car payment in over ten years because I hate having a car payment. But my '88 Buick is pushing me hard.



I can't handle the ceiling on my head, the cloth falls but nothing outside the factory can re-glue it.

The air conditioner worked at one time, but it would require illegal CFCs to recharge it. Well, if not illegal, it seems silly to put freon in a leaky system.

And thent here's the damned door. I need more duct tape, the electrician's type isn't doing the job.

How do people manage car payments? I can't afford to breath as it is, but people around me manage to make a car payment on budgets as tight....

3 comments:

Fancy Dirt said...

I don't have a clue how to fix stuff on a car, but that has never stopped me from handing out suggestions.

Door: liquid nails, comes on a tube like caulking

Head Liner: make a hole and spray adhesive in. Maybe they sell headliner adhesive at those automotive stores.

I have an old Infinity parked at my house, that we don't use because: It uses premium gas, a tune-up starts at $800.00, and any repairs have to be done at the dealership $$$$$$$$, because they don't let anyone have their parts.

Savant once drove it for a couple of weeks so now it has various small dents and long scrape marks down the sides and one head light is just being held in by air.

The interior is nice black leather, but if you roll down 2 of the windows or the sun roof, they may never close again. And the AC/heat work only on the whim of the car; but it does have heated front seats that work.

I loved that car, because it excellerates like a rocket and handles great. But the engine needs about $3 or $4 thousand in repairs, has lots of miles on it and that ain't gonna happen.

I didn't mean this to turn into a classified ad.

I drive our truck.

Anonymous said...

A very good post topic.

I've had a few shitboxes in my life, but I don't know how to fix them. Sorry. But I also do not like car paymnts. Haven't had one in six years.

Anonymous said...

HA what a punchline!

Chixulub, thanks for putting me on your blogroll. Can you switch the listed name from "S.R" to "Sonicrusk."

S.R. is the initaled version of my usual moniker, but I make commented with the abbreviated version so no one can do a google search and run into the 1000 comments I've made.