Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Am Not A Hippie!

Here's proof. Just because I wear my hair long and think micro-houses are cool does not mean I'm a hippie.



I don't think you should have to pay taxes on your income. I think trade unions hurt workers as badly as they hurt corporate assheads. I think that with the exception of aluminum and maybe PET (2-liter) bottles, recycling is environmental terrorism.



More than all that, I don't think Communism looks good on paper. It only looks good on a shirt I was too fat to wear when I got it umpteen years ago. A shirt I cut the sleeves off of because I couldn't accept being to fat to wear such an awesome shirt.

I still couldn't wear it, I was too tall as well as too fat to wear the shirt. Maybe Communism could have starved me down to where I could wear it, but I wasn't a victim of Communism. At least not that much of one.

Mo now sleeps in the shirt.

3 comments:

Fancy Dirt said...

Love the shirt.

I remember reading, when the USSR fell apart, that the former leader of a Tennessee commune, The Farm, said he could have told them, years ago, that communism doesn't work.
They are still there, but they reorganized, with private ownership of homes, etc., and all the mooches and dead beats are gone.

Personally, I think rock and roll and TV brought down the USSR. The kids got a look at how the other half(?) lives and said, screw this!

Chixulub said...

Yeah, Big Macs and Levis did more than missiles to bring down the Berlin Wall. Which, if you think about how lame Big Macs are, speaks volumes about just how terrible life under Communism is.

I mean, really. You'd think it would at least take a Whopper.

Anonymous said...

During Communism, Russians were also known for calling in sick and getting doctor's notes to miss work. Why not? it wasn't like they were going to lose their jobs.