Search Lobsterland

Sunday, May 14, 2006

For Mom

I could write a long, sappy Mother's Day post, but I'm not going to. Mom doesn't have a computer, doesn't understand why anyone would want the internet in their house, and so would never, ever see it.

But Mom, you could email back and forth without spending 39¢ on a stamp.
Oh, but my mailbox doesn't cost $30 a month.

She's not afraid of computers, she used them in her job until she retired a few years ago. She has about as much interest in the computer that was in the nurse's station as she has in blood pressure cuffs. What, she'd want a souvenir of when she had to intubate patients?

But she is an awesome Mom. It'd be stupid of me to say I wouldn't be here without her; that's true for everyone except maybe Steven Bray (who was born in a different Version of Earth).

But I was mowing Mom's lawn when I had my heart attack. It was her giving me CPR, calling 911, etc., that saved my ass. She's bailed me out of lots of things, spent, lent and given an embarrassing amount of money over the years, but nothing stacks up to giving me another shot at messing up my life.

So I made this card. It's a real card, run on 80lb card stock off the Indigo at work, so it has all the Hallmark touches but with a buckaroo lobster on the back.

Is 36 too old to be 'making' my Mom a card?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way, moms love that stuff.

Jane said...

Absolutely not, she'll be really pleased I'm sure.

We had our mother's day earlier on in the year, my mum doesn't believe in it so I had to do diddly squat, bit of a result.

Having said that, it's her birthday tomorrow, thats a totally different matter.

PS, How's Mo no ill effects?