Search Lobsterland

Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Bridge Too Far?


Does this mean we went too far with the dog walking?

I suggested the notion of eyebrow farming on one of these walks and Em decided to go on strike because Daddy is so ridiculous.

It angered her that I’d suggest eyebrows grew on farms. But a fresh-plowed field looks like a bunch of eyebrows, don’t you think? My boss says this would make a good children’s book, but based on Em’s reaction, I think children would hate it.

I told her I’d heard of organ harvesting. Livers, kidneys, and don’t you think eyes could grow on stalks like Brussels sprouts?

She sat down where we were and folded her arms over her knees. If Daddy was going to be this big a moron, she wasn’t going to walk with us anymore.

Mo pulled away, which usually means she’s about to do a home invasion, but in this case she was worried we would end up at home with out Sissy. I don’t know what exasperated Em more, the fact that I was so awful, or that even Mo wouldn’t let her shake me...

No comments: