Search Lobsterland

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Barley The Dogfaced Boy (the sequel, I think)


Years before the Divorce, the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster and yours truly went to see a shrink named Tinky Winky. He did fuck-all for our marriage, but he did suggest that I walk our dog. This was great for my relationship with Barley The Dogfaced Boy. Hard to believe the shrink wasn't sharp enough to see that we weren't there about my relationship with my dog, but there it is.

Marriage counseling is a low-percentage trade anyway, so who knows if it would have been any worse if he'd suggested I put my wife on a leash and wander through the neighborhood with her. And what's the etiquette if your wife poops in someone else's yard?

I haven't been that good about walking Barley the past few years, but he still has...enthusiasm for it. I had a day off on a pay day a while back, and getting dressed to go get my check, he caught sight of my belt and took it to be the leash. He had one of his nearly-a-seizure walk fits and I had to take him on a short walk in order to go get my damned check.

This is what he does, no kidding.

Anyway, me and the girls have been letting Barley take us on walks of an evening and he's getting to expect it.

1 comment:

j_ay said...

I can’t get the avi to work but dogs are cool. Cooler than wives. Cheaper too.