Search Lobsterland

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Blame Where Blame is Due

Okay, I admit, I blame my ex for everything. If it rains and I get wet, her fault.

Maybe not that, but I blame her for my first divorce lawyer (I wouldn't have retained him and lost $1600 for a lawyer who won't return calls and in any case only does a divorce a year and doesn't know if he's shot, fucked, powder burnt or snake-bit).

But in Divorce School, they tell yo to promote the other parent, and I try to do that. She does the same, whatever else I might find fault with. Sometimes you feel like sitting with Eleanore Roosevelt, because you really don't have anything nice to say about a person you once willingly spent a month's pay on a ring for.

Rainy day, and I thought we should make pretzels. They're easy, I had all the stuff to make them, and Em loves to bake.

Em loves to eat pretzels, too, but I had to give credit for where I learned to make awesome pretzels at home. The artist formerly known as Frau Lobster taught me, about seventeen years ago.

No comments: