Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sliding Down The Razor-Blade of Mundane Experiences

I won't go into detail, it's not stuff I'd even blog about if it wasn't for the extremly limited audience I assume my blog to have.

If I post less often that appears to be the norm for me, and if you care to read my posts (I've now narrowed the field to 1.5), I may have considerably less time and energy to spend on blogging, writing or anything else I'd 'rather be doing' in Monty Python drill-seargent terms.

Apparently, I'm getting divorced. And there's kids involved, including one with what is euphemistically described as 'special needs.' It's not something I planned on, nor something I want to have public fun with at the moment. Or maybe ever, since it appears that there is a big 'kick me' tattooed on my back by the way I've lived so far.

Ironies abound. If we're to part, I have to get along with my wife better than ever for the sake of my kids. Sacrifices I've made in the pursuit of traditional family structures may be held against me in a court of law. What little of financial value is there may be absorbed by attorneys.

I feel like a trusted friend has challenged me in a duel and offered me my choice of weapons. Unfortunately, my 'opponent' is not the challenger, it's those I'd defend from the conflict entirely if I had the power. Even with some of the sane ways we've seemed to set shit up, I can't help but have some trepidation about what's around the bend.

Whoever came up with 'no fault' divorce as now practiced, I find fault with them. May they be involved in a litigation in which they are certain they will prevail (old lawyer's curse).

1 comment:

Fancy Dirt said...

Going through a divorce sucks for everyone involved. I know I would never want to do it again! Sorry it's you this time.