Search Lobsterland

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Immoderation in All Things

I recently got a late hit, non-sequitur reply to a blog post from over a month before. I have that spam filter that makes you type drunken scrawls in to make sure you're a real, fucked-up human and not some fucked-up computer code, but I got the notion that if I was going to ever delete an asshole like that, I'd have to have the 'moderate comments' set to 'yes.' I was wrong. What it did was let the honorable Unaccountable reply via an e-mail I had to 'okay.' I've changed the setting back, you can heckle me, talk back, pick fights, I'm game.

Just remember, hate correctly. Don't reply to me making fun of an incompetent FEMA director who has probably never been in the Army with some nonsense about how once you got into Special Forces you just couldn't quit.

I am not a pacificst, nor necessarily anti-military in the purest sense. But really, to be a lifer in the military is a bit of a cry for help. I have a couple of friends who have gone that route and I can't say it reflects well on them overall. I quit smoking, which is proof that any bad habit can be dropped if you have the will...

No comments: