Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 19, 2005

So much for 'responsible.'

My den flooded a couple of weeks ago.

Good news: my guitar was not on the floor. My hi-fi, well, I'm glad my subwoofer (worth more than the truck I drive to work) has isolation spikes.

Anyway, in addition to the loss of my entire 10-year Zymurgy archive, there were numerous library books that got hit. I did my best to dehydrate them wth my dehimidifer, and I managed to save a whole...one. One book out of an armload that required me to push the wheelchair button to get into the libary.

I've paid exhorbitant late fees before, but at a rough guess, when they get done 'processing' what I returned, I'll be on the hook for $250 to $400 of books I would have bought if I could and/or wanted to...

This after a different library employee told me she couldn't recall charging anyone for water damage. I threw myself on the mercy of the library and there was no quarter...

No comments: